Wednesday, April 7, 2010

penned in my internship diary not long ago.

Nothing worth having comes easy and for things to be done properly, it just takes time - like multi-layered jelly, like making the perfect gift, like healing a broken heart.

Sometimes (well, many times) in our life we are met with difficult situations which we're not sure how to navigate through. My advice would be to surround yourself with friends, spend more time with your family and most importantly, work on becoming a better person.

Yesterday I found myself sitting on a pew admiring the architecture and grandeur of a beautiful little church that took me to a far away place. Cathedrals and churches have always been constructed and designed in such a way to make you feel small in the presence of god. The high ceilings, the stained glass windows and the elongated nature of all its little pieces just reminded me that there must be something more than this. It revoked in my heart, the romantic sentiment that someone is watching over me. It reminded me of a little thing known as 'divine providence'. I think it was only natural, then, that I questioned why things unfolded the way that they did and further, if and why I deserved it. There are some things in life though that we will never understand.

I am above the weakness of seeking to establish a sequence of cause and effect, between the disaster and the atrocity.
Edgar Allan Poe


I am a girl who is a week and bit away from turning 21.
I am a girl who wishes she could save the world.

I am a girl who couldn’t be happier.